Friday, May 27, 2011

The Magic of Lotto

I was never a fan of Lotto, sweepstakes and the like. But don't get me wrong, I am not against it. In fact, I believe it's a great way of spending that tiny amount of money (knowing it won't just go to the PCSO's incumbent officers' pockets)
I would always rant about mom randomly pointing her fingers at those numbers in the calendar, making her look like a completely lost child. She wouldn't stop there. She would constanly ask me of birthdates, anniversaries, favorite number as a child, ages of whos, numbers I may have dreamt of and whatnot. She would even ask me to add and multiply and subtract and divide crazy figures so we'd come up with a number found on that lotto paper or whatever you call it, and that's how she make her combinations. Ooh how wonderful of an effect this Lotto brings about to the mother-daughter relationship.
The Grand Lotto jackpot prize today reaches the  amount of P315M.... Let me say that again, P315M! ! ! ! Did that sink in deep enough to make you fly to the moon and play Richie Rich?
So what to do with that big big Big BIG (gasp) big amount of prize? They say the root of all evil is MONEY. If that’s the case, then I think no one should win the lottery jackpot prize. If one more evil is added to earth or Philippines for that matter, I swear the Divine Being up there will come rushing down and pronounce our doom.
“I am the Lotto Winner”, had that label hanging around your neck like those name tags you wore during the first days of Kindergarden, you would be world’s favorite (in all aspects, if you know what I mean)
What’s great about Lotto is that it generates hope to all who patronizes the game.  It gives them this feeling that their dreams are actually appearing true by means of it. Isn’t that rewarding enough?
I am not really sure what this write-up is getting at, but I guess all I want to say is that, though I may also have dreams and desires of winning the jackpot prize (ok, there must be some miracle for this to happen because I have never played Lotto and sweepstakes), my BIGGEST hope is that whoever wins the lotto, may this very very very lucky person share the blessings especially those who may need it and spend the money wisely. Otherwise, the god of LUCK would condemn you.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment