Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How long can I stand the SILENCE?

I have not been spreading my propagandas for the last three days, and I must say.. Oh boy, I really did miss it! You know, there are times when you feel so inspirited that you just want to write your thoughts out loud. You get a pen and just jot them down. But by and large, there are those moments when your mind isn’t just there. It’s somewhere else, and you find yourself not able to think of a good subject matter to write about. Not that you lost your brain in the woods – you just want to make sure that when you get that pen going or fingers hitting the keyboard, it comes from the heart and mind so it catches the attention of your readers.
Here’s the scenario: I can no longer last another minute of absence of sound, but my mind is just filled with so many pregnant thoughts, I don’t know where to start.

After high school, I told my parents that I wanted to take up Mass Communication or Journalism. I have always dreamed of becoming a newscaster or a journalist. But my Dad said newscasting or writing won’t make me rich. As a child, I believed him. And so, I took up Nursing, together with all the other 50,000 aspiring “millionaires” (that’s the title that comes with the profession). HA! I was lucky enough to survive the course. Though it was a real challenge – and a pain in the ass. When your heart is not where it should be, there’s that emptiness inside of you, longing to be filled in.

Where am I now? I followed my heart and I feel happy about it. I write. You know that your decision is right when at the end of the day, there is peace in your heart and mind and soul. I have.

Who would have thought I’d fall for what I exactly want to do in life? It’s like a dream come true (somebody pinch me now and bring me back to reality – on second thought, just leave me be)

Well, there is this feeling of fulfillment when you write, and that feeling is incomparable. And I write because I need to let my thoughts out, be heard and be understood, for in writing, your thoughts are expressed freely without being interrupted. Reactions and opinions will come in later, after you have said your piece. Or to put it into perspective, let me take for temporary use the wise words of Enrique Jardiel Poncela, “When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into its writing.”

Now, excuse me while I think of an interesting topic to write about.
allvoices

No comments:

Post a Comment